isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Motivation

These days I see it everywhere. Even in the least expected places.

Like the comprehension passage of my Japanese Exam. I was brimming with energy after I finished the whole exercise, LOL.

A very simple message - "You will become the person you think you are".

If I had fully embraced my identity in Christ I'd be a very different person today. But so far I've merely been allowing my defeatist mindset which I've been cultivating since secondary school to eat me up from inside.

I know who I want to be. I just have to take active steps to push my childish fears away.

Thank you, God, for using all kinds of stuff to remind me, that if there's going to be a time for change, it is NOW.

The author shares the same dream as mine.

「子どもに「父ちゃん、かっこういい!」と言われたい。」

OK maybe there's a slight difference, but the bottomline is the same - to be a good parent.

Someday I will bring my children up in the ways of the Lord, teach them all the things I should have been taught, and see them growing up as whole persons.

That's my life goal. That's the best way I can make up for what my parents have missed out on - the goodness of a healthy family life.