isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chotto Matte Kudasai

Don't all go off at the same time, man!

2 projects from my J-Studies and J-Language module just got wrapped up today. Sui sui. Now as far as these 2 modules are concerned I'm down to the final exams.

I'm too lazy for words. But I should still say, most of my coursemates and I fell in love with Japan even more after the whole course, in ways that differ from person to person. I, for one, had a very different view of the Samurai before this course, and I came out with a very different impression of them. I've now seen the more human, everyday side of the Samurai, I guess.

And many other things, of course. Like the precarious balance that is the national identity of Japan. I totally had no idea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And to my project group mates, nice working with you guys. I'm glad we embarked on this topic, somehow. It's got its academic value I daresay. Compared to sushi and samurai, that is :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favourite part of the research would go to the part on Meiji Restoration. Their obsession with achieving excellence was... mind blowing. And inspiring.

Photobucket

And I still don't buy the victim mindset of WW2 Japan. They can call me brainwashed by the victors' justice of the Allies, but I won't exactly say I believe the Allies; I only believe the tens of thousands of Chinese killed in WW2. I'm Chinese after all. and there're just some things we can never joke about, I think.

It was with mixed feelings that I slotted the term paper into Shumin's mailbox.

~

We've finally wrapped things up for LAJ presentation. Our improv was classic!

「ストレスに なると (!) 」

Photobucket

and I'll check out more of 推背图 this summer.

~

And now my core modules, don't all come charging at me at once!