isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, March 26, 2006

ORD loh!

Not me lah.

It's some of our seniors, including my "upper", Yongyun, who's going to ORD so soon... they booked a chalet and there was a barbecue last night...

I arrived there at about 6 p.m., and they were watching this Japanese Drama called "1 litre of tears" which was much talked about in our office... they switched to games soon after that, and I got a chance to try drifting in Burnout 3... I also tried out the Initial D Special Stage on PS2...

The barbecue was quite fun... there were stuff like sambal squid (it's very nice, especially for me, who loved squid all along) and stingray (which I didn't get a chance to try because I left early), and the usual stuff. Unfortunately our pit sort of screwed up in the middle of everything, so they had to start the flame all over again... another group of people were kind enough to lend us their pit after they were done.

I met a lot of new faces there (I didn't get to see them in the office because they were clearing leave), and I realized that there were quite a lot of people among us who understand Japanese... they were saying that my 5 years of learning Japanese was longer than the time they took, but I can't really say I'm more proficient in Japanese when compared to them... what I learned was, after all, formal vocabulary, and I only learned ore (informal for "I") and omae (informal for "you") while reading Japanese comics.