isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, March 20, 2006

More than clerk

I never knew that my study of A level computing could affect my NS life in any way.

Yet, Computing was the reason why I am now a more-than-clerk clerk... my job involves dealing with database management systems.

It's a challenging job, I was told... but it's good since I've been dreading the idea of becoming a normal clerk, thinking that it's some dull job.

I was to replace the current data I/C whose ORD is next month. Which means... one month for me to learn whatever I can under him, who happens to be a highly proficient data I/C who got the best staff award sometime earlier.

High standard for me to shoot for huh.

But I'm sure I can learn the skills in time... my "upper-study" (I'm his "under-study") is quite a friendly person and I learned quite a great deal on my first day already.