isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, September 02, 2005

Evangelism, BKB and actual scene tours

Yesterday was Teachers' Day, and there were quite a few posts on the ST forums which thank teachers for their efforts.

I'm joining in... Happy Teachers' Day to my Tutors!!!

Anyway, yesterday the College was still open, so I went there to mug again. In the afternoon.

In the morning I went to the McDonalds outlet in Changi Cinema, instead of the one at Princess Cinema which I normally mugged at. Mainly because it's nearer to the College.

While I was beginning to mug my Computing, a woman suddenly talked to me, and after some conversation, she decided to shift to my table and I let her join me, out of politeness.

The conversation slowly evolved into my very first evangelism attempt to a stranger. It turned out that she's a staunch Buddhist...

Still, we talked a lot about issues on faith. And other stuff, of course... about my wanting to be a teacher... and so on.

She left before I did... and before leaving the place, I went to the toilet and saw another guy having the same bag as Kelvin (I used "another" because there's already one girl in TJC having the same bag as Kelvin, and he knows it).

I read the news yesterday and I was appalled at the measures China has taken to tackle the fish hazard... like adding fish farms which are no longer in use into the list of safe farms for Honkgong fishmongers. What's more? The farms in the list which do exist make up only a minority of the list.

My goodness... and you want to regain control of Taiwan?

I also got to know that former Deputy Prime Minister Dr Tony Tan is a Christian.

I've been training my arm power recently, and I like to train at this monkey bar whose "inter-bar" width is wider than the rest... it's chin-ups at first, but I was surpried that when I decided to swing through the monkey bars, I succeeded.

Hmm... I've taken a liking to that bar, and since it's black in colour and it's the largest of the 3 monkey bars there, I decided to name it the Black King Bar!

I know... the BKB is a magical item in DotA... the moment I first heard this name, I thought it sounded melodious, you see...

Oh, and my calloused palms.

Today while having my long lunch break (I'm really generous with my break times), I did a search on "Mount Akina" and found out from a website (Tsukaeru.jp) that actually the place is named Mount Haruna in real life, but the scenes are all there, including the lake.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Remember this tower?

And since the website provides real photographs of most of the locations featured in Initial D, I decided to explore further...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The steep slope in Myogi Pass... I recognize this place!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
One of the many "hairpin" corners on Iroha Slope. Yeah, it's like this in the game as well.

Bye for now. Blogged quite a lot already...