isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Signature

The very first time I went to an autograph session.

Angela Chang came to Singapore to publicise her new album, "Meng Li Hua" (a literal translation gives "Flower in a Dream"), and so an autograph session took place at Bugis Junction this afternoon.

Well, I was thinking, since I have already bought the album and the entry pass came with it, I might as well just go check it out.

Hmm it was a bit rainy when I arrived at about 4 p.m., so I went up to Kinokuniya (where else?) to take a look at the comics there... ("Welcome to NHK" Volume 5 is now available...).

After the rain stopped, I decided to go there to queue already before it got too late. Sure enough, after I joined the crowd people began coming from behind and soon I was one of those right in the middle of everyone.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Took a shot of the roof of the tent without any reason

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Part of Bugis Junction's CNY decorations.

As 5 p.m. approached, the crowd was suddenly pushing to the front without reason, and I was one of those who almost got "sardine'd". Thank God it stopped after a while.

About 10 minutes after 5, the host, Liyi from YES 933 FM, was on stage. She asked a few questions about this album and those quickest to give answers would get an autographed photo card.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chen Liyi. Yes my phone's VGA camera, can?

The questions ranged from no-brainers like "What's the title of the album?" to harder ones like "How many songs from this album were in the YES 933 Top 20 Charts?", which only a few knew (I actually knew the answer as I was just listening to YES 933 this morning, but I wasn't quick enough).

Finally after the mini quiz, the star of the event arrived!

Hmm her hair's shorter now... above shoulder level, and she sang 2 songs, namely "Ai Shang Ai De Wei Dao" (In Love with the Taste of Love), which wasn't one of my favourites... and "Bu Tong" (No Pain), which was one of my favourites.

And yes she was singing "Live".

Just when I was thinking I it would be hard for me to see her while she sang on stage, some guy in front of me was holding a camera which gave quite a clear zoom, so it sort of helped me get a close view. She looked quite pretty in person.

After the 2 songs it's time for the autograph!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
If only we squeeze that well during cookhouse queues

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It sure get thirsty after standing and waiting for so long...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yeah Angela's the one in the red circle

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tsk Tsk Tsk. Yello Shirt Blocked My View.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hello hello it will be my turn soon

From the time it started I actually didn't have to wait too long. Only about 20 minutes.

Goodness... when I was actually one of the ones on the No-Image-Capturing-Devices-Allowed stage, I got pretty nervous.

Huh?

"Xie xie."

*Smile*

And I was off with an autographed version of MLH!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I left the place right after that for dinner at home. The session's probably over by now, and she'll be leaving Singapore today.