isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Last Name... uh no I mean Week of December

Christmas

I spent Christmas with my fellow Student Venture friends... and we went to Timothy's church for service.

During the service I could really feel the festive mood... maybe because I'm surrounded by Christians haha. Something like my typical mood during Chinese New Year.

I realised that over these few years, the meaning of Christmas to me was totally different from what it was to me before. For instance, if someone hadn't talked to me about Orchard Road a few days ago, I wouldn't have even thought of that place, which was supposed to be a Christmas hotspot for Singaporeans.

To me Christmas is just a day to remind myself of why Christ came to Earth and what he'd said and done during his days here.

I was observing everyone during our little gathering and I glanced upon Tim's bag, with the wording "LAND COOL" on it. Hmm...

Wait.

Wasn't that...


Oh! The "L" is exactly the same font as the symbol used by L in Deathnote!

Anyway, after everything we went to Coffee Club at Siglap to have lunch. Since I'm into budget dining (read: Food Court), a meal at any cafe will generally cause me to feel a bit of a pinch... but the meal was filling (which was what I looked for in every meal anyway) and I was in the company of friends!

While having desserts, we shared a few cakes. We're cutting chunks off the corners of the cakes and at one point we realised that the remaining portion of the cheesecake took the shape of a coffin!


And so, we used our forks to make a cross pattern on it!

For some reason I felt that I had to take a picture of it in Black& White.

That afternoon, Jiansheng's lips were glossy for some reason (he denied having applied lip gloss) and remained glossy no matter how he tried to dry it. Hmm...


Jiansheng's Strawberry Smoothie, Jonathan's pot of tea and the Choco mint cake we shared among ourselves


Xiaoyun & Jonathan


Timothy



Retail Therapy

Weiquan (LEVEL 20) is on a SHOPPING SPREE!

OK as of that time, the ORD of 2 of my seniors was approaching. So I was thinking maybe we could prepare some gift for them. Since I was on leave on Wednesday, I went to town to see if I could get the stuff I wanted there.

The problem was, I didn't know much about "what I wanted" to get either!

Kelvin suggested getting a shirt originally, but a fashion disaster like me should think twice about getting a shirt, especially when it's for someone else! He later suggested that we get a bag instead, which I thought was a pretty nice idea.

It was at Marina Square where I found "it". I went into this leisure and sports shop and saw this Nike bag... it just looked different. When I first decided on a bag, I was thinking of a Deuter bag, but I realised that would be a bit too common. The Nike bag... well, it was certainly big enough, and it had this air flow system in the backrest side which made it pretty cool.

Later in the day, I went shopping for a watch. I saw one which I thought was $98. Turned out to be $198... the price tag was partially blocked (%$#*#!). Oh well... then I decided to get this watch which I thought was quite cool and I personally liked very much, and which didn't cost a bomb.

Of course, talk about shopping... I'd shop for my own stuff on the way as well! At Isetan I saw this patterend shirt which I found to be nice, and since I don't have many white-coloured shirts, why not just buy it?


OK that's pretty silly... taking a photo of my mirror image...


Another shirt which I found interesting but didn't buy... a rounded collared shirt with thie "fu" wording on it

Weiquan (LEVEL 25) is OWNING!



ORD loh!

Not me lah.

It's Nick and Dom, whose understudies were already pretty established figures in our branch, who left this phase of their lives on Friday.

The 2 of them played pretty important roles in my NSF life, and our office will surely be different without them around.

Still, I shall again wish the 2 of them all the best!


Yeah this is the bag we got for Nick. And you can see the backrest with the dents on it... it sort of distances your back from the bag's back, thus allowing some air flow.


And the watch for Dom. The reason why I chose green was because whenever I think of Dom, I think of him in his green jacket.

On the same day we celebrated the birthdays of Chor Bin and Mark. We got cards for all our ORD and birthday personnel, but we'll get Mark's gift at a later date. For Chor Bin we got a Liverpool jersey of which I didn't take a photograph. As for the secret item I got him...


Haha... as of 29/12/2006, Chor Bin shall be called "Mr Bean"!


A closer look at the label.

YY came back for a visit as well, and after work he treated us to the movie "Night at the Museum", which, to me, was an unexpectedly great show.

Dinner with the guys

On Saturday some of the 10/04 guys came together for dinner at Pastamania, Cineleisure. We happened to be seated at the same spot where we had our 10/04 farewell dinner with Ms Fong, so it was pretty nostalgic haha.

Yong Chuan was telling me about his recent trip to Japan, and he was full of praises for the country and the people. Good.

Someday I shall make a visit there myself, and return to Singapore with loads of merchandise and emotions. And photos.

The festive set at Pastamania was pretty filling... well, it was for Jeremy and JY. I ordered some seafood pasta with clams, prawn, squid and mussel (mussel!) inside.

After dinner we had pool. I was a bit off-form because of my injured elbow and because I hadn't played in ages, but could still make it lah. Joel was pretty good, I found out.