isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Birthday 2 Blog

As of yesterday, my blog is 2 years old.

2 years! And still going strong! Or not?

Hmm...

Actually it's quite nice to have started my blog at the end of the year. Sounds a bit cheapo, but can combine anniversary post and year-end post into one, haha.

In this year... well I served almost one year of National Service. BMT was surely a once-in-a-lifetime experience (especially now when I'm not even a combatant) and those days were really etched in my mind, possibly for life. Pity was that I missed quite a lot of stuff, like route march in the rain (I kept getting sick on route march days and it's not that I wanted it to happen), BIC: The Leopard Crawl, Back Crawl and other crawling patterns you can use in field battle (I missed it because I was recovering from fever. I was thankful for that -- my back was already itching like crazy).

And the gastric pain developed during my BMT days. Because of it I learned how to make myself burp when I'm too full (instead of just waiting).

Moving on to CPC as a clerk... it's the days there that really changed me. More than BMT did.

I learned to open up more... I know it's because it's an all-guys environment, but I believe my days there will shape me into a one who can survive my days in the co-ed university campus which I will eventually have to step into.

Also, my passion for the Japanese language sort of revived in CPC. Quite an unlikely place, but there're lots of Jap fans there, and I found this aspect of the culture there pretty heartwarming. If you put me in a place full of Korean drama and K-pop fans I'll probably die of suffocation.

My confidence in singing was found there as well! For bringing me for my first serious KTV session, and for letting me sing at all, thank you guys.

As someone who needed acceptance above all things since day 1, I have to thank all my colleagues for accepting me for who I am. Things would have been different if not for them.

  • Mdm... you said I'll definitely grow in my days here. I know I will.
  • YY, I knew you only had 1 month to teach me stuff, and I got you pretty worried when you left. After you reached ORD, the first few times you returned to office you only heard complaints about me... the last few times you returned the complaints stopped (Phew), but I was either too sleepy or on sentry duty. Nevertheless, I'm always glad that you came back, so do come often!
  • Nick (who managed to convince Mdm to give me chances again and again)
  • Dom (whose knowledge of computers saved many a day (read: my day))
  • Bernard (nice sharing return transport with you... and Settlers of Catan!)
  • Chor Bin (I heard NSF HQ will be introducing "Cable TV next year", so we'll be charging!)
  • (Part of) Sunny Saturday (you guys are really the ones who got me going back to my Jap materials, haha)
  • The IPPT training group. We shall overcome! Or remain as LCP...
  • The Monday badminton group... do come next year!
  • Fellow brothers in Christ in CPC... you guys played a part in refreshing my faith in my working days, and my eventual return to the faith from my backsliding.

and many more... Some of you are gone, some will stay a while longer in CPC... we're going to move on, to a nice year ahead!

Ah yes, this year I started going for cell group! I have Jiansheng to thank, for always making the option of joining him for cell available (in explicit ways), in those days when I almost began to doubt my salvation (with good reason, as my lifestyle was really degenerating). And for my cell, who made me feel at home since day 1. Erm why are we no longer eating cheezels now?

I learned how to cycle too, and it added a lot of convenience to my travel.

OK I have a lot more friends here and there to thank and to bless... and for those whom I left out... you guys are in my heart too!

This year I want to put down the grudges I bear (if there is any at all) and move on. I also know that due to my poor skills in dealing with people I have offended quite a few individuals. I ask whoever I have displeased for your forgiveness and understanding.

Dec 30 has come, and gone, and will come again when my blog reaches 3 years of age, then go and come and go and come... just like 24 Nov on Keon's blog, haha.