isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, December 10, 2006

HO Chalet 2006

This Friday I went for the chalet organised by the AHS HO senior alumni.

This year it was at Changi Holiday flats in Changi Village. Basically they're just flats being allocated for chalet-like purposes. Even though it was "within civilisation", there's still the Changi beach nearby, and the wide selection of food available (including seafood restaurants, food centres, Prata shops, bars, etc) made it a quite comfortable place.

I went and stayed for the night on Day 1, during which, most of the time there were people playing mahjong or card games and the rest of us watched the Fullmetal Panic VCD that Shao Chung brought.

For dinner we had Subway sandwiches, and since I'm not entirely familiar with the system there, I just ordered Cold Cut Trio set which was on offer that day.

The first night there we slept pretty late, partly because we played Uno. Seriously it's not a game that's to be played before bedtime, because it just doesn't seem to end. In the end we actually had to stop playing as the game just dragged on. Good thing was, I managed to do some stunt I wanted to do right before the game was forcefully ended, haha.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The beds there. Our flat had 2 2-bed rooms.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The non-sleepers room.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tai Man

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ningxi and Jackson

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Shao Chung & Allen playing chess

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Shi Lei, who was just beginning to sleep

On Day 2, I woke up the latest: about 9 a.m.. We had prata for breakfast, after which we went biking at Changi beach. I still didn't know how to ride a bicycle, but I decided that it would be a good chance to learn. Within the one hour I somehow came to be able to maintain balance for a few seconds.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Changi beach, from which the beautiful Pulau Tekong was visible. On a clear day you can even see the BMTC buildings! Nostalgia!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A plaque with engravings on it, telling of the mass killings of Chinese men which took place there during the Japanese Occupation.

Kelvin then arrived and we all went back to the flat. Originally we wanted to try out the Karaoke room, but all I could say was... it was worse than G1 Family Day in terms of songs available.

So it was back to more mahjong (I began to gain some understanding of the game) and more FMP. Way Si passed some bee hoon to Tai Man and Jackson, who brought them back to the flat so we could all have it for lunch/dinner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Since there was nothing for me to do, I went alone to try biking again. This time I finally managed to maintain my balance. So I too can ride a bike now!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My rented bike and I

Near the evening we played some truth-or-dare (minus the "dare") game. There were quite a lot of interesting questions being asked, about personal issues like funny or regretful incidents which happened to you.

For the funny incident I talked about the one when I slided down a grassy slope on my butt and ended up with this big soil stain on my white school pants, which people mistaken for shit.

We had the bee hoon, Satay and Rojak for dinner while watching the Golden Horse Awards presentation, after which I left.