isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Days of harmonica and hair wax

It's been a long time since I've last heard the sound of a harmonica.

Until yesterday.

Kelvin ("Keon") was telling me about this concert put up by the VJC Harmonica Orchestra which he will be watching together with Wenrong... even though I thought there was little chance I could go, Mom said yes in the end.

Everything was very last-minute... I was shopping together with Mom in quite shabby clothes, when Mom suddenly said that it wasn't necessary that I accompanied her when she shopped for clothes (a great relief), so I could go for the concert.

Wow. It's been a long time since I hanged out with Kelvin and Wenrong.

Even my hair wax was applied at the last minute; the "citrus smell" (Gatsby claimed that the smell actually fits the "citrus" description; I don't know why) of the wax was still quite strong, and it reminded Kelvin of the first 3 months in TJC (when both of us were quite into hairstyling wax).

Hmm... the concert started at about 2000 hrs, and most of the items they played are quite familiar, like "Rhythm of the Rain" (they had a very cute way of presenting this song), "Dancing Queen" and J J Lin's "Cao Cao".

As usual, during a typical school performance, members of the audience would cheer for performers on the stage that they knew, so we would naturally cheer for those former AHS students in the orchestra.

Then Kelvin the clown had to shout my name (??!!) amidst all the din.

Never mind.

And I had to make a mention of the guest performers -- Compassvale Primary School Harmoc Orchestra. They're just good!

During the interval, when we were going around looking at pretty girls and fantasising about how famous the 2 of us will be if we were to join the VJ HO (but I know I'll surely be more famous than him)... Kelvin was laughing at my shabby clothing, but I always had a secret weapon -- his GI hair! No matter how cool he is (read: claims to be), he had no hair! Haha!

But seriously, I think I'm still not good at styling my hair. My hairstyle last night... I think it look more comical than anything else.

Sigh.