isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, June 05, 2009

thank You for the music

I'm very much looking forward to my next gig with R.E.I. (still a tentative name).

Good that all of us are quickly building on our repertoire (the foundation of which was laid by quick upgrades from Evan's acostic solo sets). I guess one of the best things about us is that we all sing, and we all had experiences in directing bands. 'Cause this means we get our turns to sing lead vocals, we can do 3-part harmony like nobody's business, and all of us have some kind of ownership in our "open-source" repertiore in general.

I was so on high from singing "Wherever You Will Go" during yesterday's jamming!

And I do see myself going somewhere serving in church music ministry, compared to the previous few months when things got a bit dry. I guess the sharing in the previous ministry gathering about the importance of skills in a worship band did help me loosen up a bit from that highly reserved state I used to find myself in when playing for service.

That means I can afford to be more expressive, and now I'm more ready to try new things out. I kind of surprised myself with that agogo-ish bassline for that song which I haven't heard before that session but they all called "ancient", LOL.