isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Snippets from SHINE

I'm glad we came through for our gig at Orchard yesterday! Both for VOICES and REIS.

4 practices in total for VOICES, changes here and there during the sessions, getting bold and experimental: Roger on bass, Joel catching exact string parts, and me on drums. DRUMS!!!

3 practice sessions for REIS. Looking back, we've been pretty bold indeed!

Be it with VOICES at the crowded front of Wisma Atria or with REIS at the panoramic Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza, nothing quite beats performing right out there in the open. I should probably say that I felt less nervous than in my gigs at Ben & Jerry's 'cause...

  • I generally feel more relaxed in open spaces
  • The sound system was better. I could really blast my bass!
  • The Stormtroopers from 501st Legion somewhat gave me an ego boost.

~

Jane Doe (DJ from 91.3): "Hi, you are?"

在下: "Weiquan."

JD: "Hmm..."

在下: "Is Isaiah easier to remember?"

JD: "Ah yes, Isaiah! Alright."

... ...

在下: "... yes, and REIS stands for Roger, Evan, Isaiah and Sanjay."

JD: "OK. How do I spell your name again?"

在下: "i-s-a-i-a-h."

JD: "Oh... that Isaiah!"

在下: "Yes. That one! :)"

JD: "So you watch Grey's Anatomy!"

在下: "... "

~

Evan: "So, are you happy?"

在下: "I should be."