isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Finger

"我的~指尖~ 已经~弹出茧"

'Cause at church today there was some problem with the bass amplifier and the output was very soft. I had to turn everything (the gain and output volume) to the maximum, instead of turning it to half the max which I normally do, just to get to the loudest volume which was-

drowned out by the rest of the instruments anyway.

I had to play extra hard today just to get the loudest possible volume, but I played so hard during the warm-up that come the actual service my fingers started to hurt and i couldn't play 100%.

I asked Wenjie after the service and found out that all I had to do was give the amp a few taps and everything indeed turned back to normal. Good that it didn't turn back to normal during service when I was playing that thing, otherwise with everything turned to maximum I could only imagine how loud it would be.

In fact during service the amp did produce a loud 'pop' sound (sadly the only sound that could be heard clearly from the amp throughout the worship session) and Serene said she saw me literally jump in shock.

Oops.