isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, December 03, 2007

Udon

The little things in life are really giving us important lessons.

Udon, the seemingly normal (maybe only to me) and not-so-filling noodle dish, was once available at the food centre opposite my office. As I said, I dismissed it as not really filling, so I only had it like, once... when I wasn't really looking to eat much for lunch.

It was quite filling, surprisingly. And delicious.

Just when I was basking in the joy of finding a new "friend"...

...

The stall MOVED.

ARRRGH!!!

After that was NUS, where I attended a talk on Special Term. I had a very good impression of the Science canteen (Canteen of the year!!) and I had Udon there once again. It was good!!!

I was happy. That there are so many opportunities to have Udon near my house. The shopping centre food courts, for example.

Until I tried them.

...

I will, erm, cherish the coming days in Science fac more, and have lots more of Udon.

The secret to good Udon is the soup. And you can't find the sweet-savoury soup everywhere. Don't take it for granted.

P.S. God is the potter, and I am the clay. Yes, and I can feel the Potter's hand break me down and reshaping me once again.