isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Swirl

Recent events got me in a bit of a weird state of mind.

Today as I woke up at home at about 12:30 p.m., I was alone and didn't really know what to do, except that if I stayed longer in that lonely place I'd probably go crazy.

And my house computer was, as usual, in that crazy state as well.

There was just some stuff in my mind I had to put down in words, so I reckoned the best way would be to come to the library which is a cycling distance from my house anyway.



Chinese New Year will start tomorrow. My favourite aspects would of course be the food. Today my family will be having the usual steamboat reunion dinner with my uncle's family at their house. And I can smell the bah kua from tomorrow already!

But this day of the lunar year I can smell something else coming as well.

Every year Dad will bring the family to this Buddhist temple in my district. For the past few years I've been compromising, and I entered and even helped hold the joss sticks. This year I decided that that would change. Why should I have any part in idol worship?

So I'll tell Dad tomorrow.

Hmm.

...

I just hope Mom will keep this between Dad and I and not step in. Her involvement will probably make things worse.



Recently I got to see Kelvin play the keyboard, and of course he was of a considerable standard as a band keyboardist.

Intended to learn some tips from him, and he sort of told me that I have to listen not only to Chinese pop music as their arrangments are not as rich as music from other regions and so it will limit what I learn and how I play.

Hmm got to consider what he said lor, but getting a bit confused now.

Don't know why, but just... hmm... maybe because I do not have such negative feelings against Mandopop. Maybe it's bacause I find it easy to listen to? Maybe it's nicer to sing?

Hmm... just confused.

Why? It's the question in me, asking whether I would be playing what I like, or just playing something I can play well.

It's just like the reason why I didn't watch Project Superstar this year. All the impression I got from the show was "Don't choose the song you like. Choose the song you can sing well".

Or maybe for me, in a few years time I'll see some difference in what I play and what I sing. which may be perfectly all right.

*

That's it!

Come to think of it, what I'm playing on Electone now isn't exactly Mandopop either. It's what I learnt and then enjoyed playing!

That's the answer!