isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

IPPT!

Today is the day.

The day all our efforts were put in for.

Our IPPT! One month of training, pushing the quite impossible, running uphill and downhill and uphill again... the one we did a few days ago on Telok Blangah hill was the worst... 75% of the route was uphill!

It was all worth it, though. All of us (yes I mean all) broke our records in running the 2.4 km. Most of us passed overall and 2 of us (Chiang Wee and Max) got Gold award. Some of us might have been off-form in other stations because of nervousness. My personal best for Chin-up so far was 7 (yes during the training it shot from a miserable 2 to the current 7!), but I did 6 today due to not-so-correct breathing rhythm.

Rhythm is really important. Especially in stuff like Chin-up and Sit-up.

But the training has paid off indeed. We have all seen improvement.

I thank my God I finally passed, man! And of course MWO Foo for training us, Mdm Lee for her support, and the other buddies in training.

I was glad that all of us could be squeezed into one detail. So we could fight this final battle as one team.



The feeling after everything was great, man! And coincidentially Ms Tay was to take Tech & NSF HQ staff for lunch today, so Chor Bin, Kelvin and I went off to Vivocity in the afternoon.

We had a Thai spicy lunch at the Thai Accent restaurant. Fried Kailan, green curry, fried tofu and the very intensely flavoured Tom Yam soup.

Drank quite a few cups of water throughout. And the rice was refillable!



In the evening Max was doing overtime work in the office, and while waiting for him (for no particular reason), we had a "mini-concert" at my desk. Jon played the guitar, Kelvin and I gave him the chords, and we're singing songs ranging from "Right Here Waiting" to Ah Niu's "Kan Guo Lai". Sometimes we'd just go A Capella with hilarious results!

Had dinner with them at Tiong Bahru Plaza foodcourt. After that I went to check out the Comics Connection outlet and found what I wished to be available on the market... replicas of Near's finger puppets of DeathNote characters! They're so cute!!!

Until I asked about the price, which wasn't cute in any way.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Finger puppets of (Left-Right) Takada, Kira and Mikami from the comic, of which only Kira was available in the replica set. So sad... the Takada one was cute!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Finger puppets of (Right-Down) Near (N), Mello (M) and L in the comic. L!!!



Other miscellaneous pictures of the week include:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The little Ayanami Rei

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Choro-Q S-13 I bought recently to decorate my office. It's a chibi version of the S-13, of course.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The S-13.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I finally found the earphone wire coil I saw someone use on the MRT long ago! I bought it at Sim Lim Square.