isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The official 10/04 class dinner

Hmm 2 weeks ago we had a "class dinner".

But actually that was just me and my clique in 10/04.

This time round it's almost all of us!

It was arranged at Suntec Pizza Hut and the original plan was that Ms Fong would turn out also, but due to urgent matters she couldn't come.

Nevertheless we had a good time there. Even though all the guys could talk about was life in the SAF, well... it's through telling others our experiences that we realise life is actually not that boring like we always say, is it not?

Yong Chuan, Esmond, Joel and I shared one family feast consisting a seafood pizza and a hawaiian pizza. Thank God it was quite filling, but I forgot to take pictures until we finished eating, so...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We took a group shot but I haven't recieved the photo yet. But then again I took some random shots whenever I could, so...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yong Chuan & Esmond('s hand)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jeremy & Alex


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maoxin & Kaicheng


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maoxin


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Joel & I


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jianyuan & I (I'm an inexperienced self-photographer, so pardon me for that weird expression)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kaicheng & I

Got to thank Hafiz and guys for organising this gathering... it's been really long since 10/04 got together as a whole... and only half of the class went for the one last year, so this gathering could be considered successful lah.



The Prequel

Before meeting at Pizza Hut, I went window shopping around Suntec and made a few stops at the usual places.

I was planning to explore for new Manga/Anime (it's essentially Keroro or Eva) figurines I might be interested in, so my destination would naturally be those figurine shops and the Capsule Machine Parade (I coined this term myself) at the Family Link (which links (duh) the mentioned wing and the Arcade/Cinema wing).

I arrived at the wing with lots of restaurants and kids' shops, expecting to see the Family Link, but it was nowhere in sight. Puzzled, I followed the only way I could find...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have a bad feeling about this

I kept walking until I emerged from the walkway into the Arcade wing.

My worst fears were confirmed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The mini playground with foam flooring... and the Capsule Machine Parade... Gone!

Thank God the figurine shop merely moved, so I could still do my figurine search. I found this series called KeroKoma (Keroro Commando) where the characters have gadgets fitted to them for combat. A bit expensive, but that's because the figures are poseable!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Girotank: Desert Hunter Version

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Genoci-Mois, which I suppose is another version of Angol Mois

Keroro platoon... FIGHT!