isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Saturday, October 21, 2006

PRIDE

Last week I've been making a case for my seal using postcards, inspired by Jireh who made a similar case for his dictionary.

Well... the postcard I chose is dominated by this ancient-map-like picture... I think it would give just the right feel for my seal.

Forgot to take pictures while making the box, so I only have pictures of the final product... but hey, it was really me who made it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My box is made up of 2 halves... which are these! Notice the half with a sponge padding on the side.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The face with the carvings will face the sponge padding for protection (Wow).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ta-dah! Box closed!

Well the highlight of this week will be the G1-Army PRIDE Day, where teams from units under the G1 (Manpower) formation present the ideas they came up with to improve their workflow.

PRIDE took place yesterday, and we got to wear civilian attire to work. I remember that time when I wore that bright orange polo tee to work and recieved much attention... this time I decided to go pink!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me in my pink polo tee which I just bought!

After half a day of work we proceed to 6 Div Auditorium at Mandai Hill Camp for the event. As expected, new computer programs made up about half of the proposed ideas. There are other ideas which are as useful, and of course we had no-brainers and uncomprehensive proposals (I shall not identify them).

The team from our branch came up with this program which manages E-mail templates and was programmed using Visual Basic. Good as it was, I still believed it surprised all of us when our branch team got the top prize!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This wasn't the prize, of course... it's a souveniour for everyone who attended the event.

After that I went to Dhoby Ghaut to do some shopping... Remember the finger puppet of CPL Giroro that I bought some time ago? This time I got the one for PTE Tamama!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wow... a failed attempt at taking a picture of my figurine resulted in this masterpiece... thanks to the lack of anti-shake technology of my phone hahaha!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ah... yatta desu~! Got it right there!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I also went to Daiso at Plaza Singapura and bought this cup!