isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, September 11, 2006

This week, office life needs some translation

Tell me if you're tired of this Tokyo Drift line thingy.

But first, do talk to the Chinese distributors of Korean Drama, where they sought to use the word "Ye Man" (they call it "sassy", I call it "barbaric") in the translated names of the drama serials every time they got the chance to; the latest being, I guess, "Princess Hours".

Back to topic...

Ever since that Saturday when we brought Jap students around Singapore (or you may say, around the shopping areas; I wished I could bring them to the heartlands...), Yichuan and Jireh, who were already learning Jap got even more interested in the language. Even Max, without background whatsoever, started learning along with Jireh as well!

Yichuan, sitting just opposite me in the office, tends to ask me about some Jap expressions which he didn't know... well, for me it's a chance to practice as well!

And to realise how much of the Jap language I still haven't learned.

Oh yes, you should listen to how Jonathan tries to imitate Japanese words... even more so if you're having a bad day.



Still fantasizing?

Not anymore... 9 September has come and gone... and Jay's latest album, "Still Fantasy", is now mine... all mine!!!

Well there's been the hype about the collaboration with Fei Yuqing, but I guessed you've heard about it already... from my blog or other sources.

Well... when I first heard "Qian Li Zhi Wai", it didn't really appeal to me, as I've been expecting something totally different. Not better, just different from what I was hearing.

But then, after listening to it a few more times, I'm starting to find it nice.

Other songs include "Ye De Di Qi Zhang" (7th Chapter of the Twilight), "Ben Cao Gang Mu" (Compendium of Materia Medica), and "Ting Ma Ma De Hua" (Listen to Mom).

OK... in this album there are songs which are quite standard... Rap songs, F-Major slow rock, C-Major piano-accompanied songs, but I really don't agree with what a certain article in a local magazine said about Jay being satisfied with status quo and not looking for breakthroughs.

Well... you can't be asking Jay to stop doing raps right? And also, there're songs with quite different styles as well, like "Mi Die Xiang" (sorry I can't translate that) which is a Cha-cha song (that got me totally surprised).

Also, his singing has improved loads in terms of clarity of pronunciation of the words. Really. Listening to one of Jay's cheena songs "Ju Hua Tai" (Crysanthemum Shed), Jireh was saying something along the lines of "Ah, now he's really singing".

I've only got 2 words for this album: Good job.



Hmm... Kelvin is in Taiwan now for firing range sessions. Because the range there's bigger.

And I jogged yesterday...I had to go back to jogging because of the humiliating failure of my 2.4 km run in the last IPPT. I've really gone off-form these days... not only was my timing pathetic (22 minutes for 3.6 km), my body got heated up so much after the run that even a shower at home and a drink of Ribena Mobile couldn't cool my body down until I went into my air-con room and waited for about 10 minutes.

OK the weather then may have had a part to do in this... it was the hottest period of the day.

Oh that overheating episode was the reason why I was slightly late for cell group yesterday... haha.

After cell group I followed some of my cell mates (Jiansheng went home, sob...) to the "85 market" (as I used to call it during my AHS days... Jane's place, where we had cell group, was quite near AHS, you see) for dinner. after that, on my way to Tanah Merah MRT station, I got nostalgic and took some pictures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This plant is quite abundant on the walkways of the neighbourhood next to AHS... I think it's what the Chinese call "Tian Tang Niao" (Paradise Bird)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I guess I took this picture at just the right time in the evening...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of the tall blocks built at around the time I left AHS

And I have to comment about how pissed I get when people put things in all the wrong places.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A collection box!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Collection of message cards, hmm...

However, what you see in the box, the red cards, are actually SMRT brochures discarded by uninterested readers. And there're even coins in the box. Goodness!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I apologise for the VGA quality, but tell me you do see the coins in the corner of the box.

Now for random pictures I took during the week... well things are getting better for me in the office... I'm no longer busy to the point of madness so...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was intrigued by the "Greenish" effect of my phone camera so...

Actually, other than greenish, there are bluish and reddish effects too, so in this stairwell lit by the glaring afternoon sun, I took these pics!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stairway to Heaven? Yeah?