isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Someone send hate mail to Nagaru-san, please...

Today there was a Chuangyi warehouse sale near my workplace... Chiang Wee told me about it and since I haven't bought manga for quite a long time, I decided that it's time to refresh myself about new developments in the manga stories I've been following.

Initial D was available up to volume 35, and Pokemon up to 25. It was quite hard to tell whether the girl on the cover of Ini D 35 was Mika or Natsuki making a comeback... on a closer look, it was indeed Mika. Maybe.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Vol. 1 Natsuki: I had something to look forward to, until Shigeno changed his pen and ruined Natsuki's hair

I've decided to go for School Rumble. I was hoping it was going to be a genuinely funny series as I will love funny high school stories a lot. Moreover, Nicholas told me it was good. Let's just hope it's not the Haruhi kind of "humour" (I mean, goodness, you call that "humour"?) 'cause I've had reservations on recommendations from manga fans ever since Haruhi.

Pokemon. The manga doesn't follow anime storyline, and that means huge relief from Rocket clowns. I do hope the Fire Red Leaf Green storyline can make more sense than the Ruby Sapphire one (which featured 2 terrorist groups with equally lost causes).

This evening I had a wonderful Tim Sum dinner with, erm, "Chick" Chong (tired of telling you which Kelvin I'm talking about) after which we met Jiansheng on the train (small world!).