isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, November 19, 2007

HO Chalet 2007

The farewell for Sec 4 members this year took place at Aranda. I heard Edmund say that place was quite shiok but never got to go in one of their chalets. So this year when they invited us there I was quite delighted.

Kelvin (Heng) and I (along with the usual alumni) went for the whole thing... farewell and barbecue (that happened on the 2nd day) and all... they're still a fun bunch and Mr Chen is still the Teacher I/C (he lives in Tampines too haha!).

We were initially feeling quite awkward when we got there, but there were people to talk to and we managed to "locate" our juniors (from sections like 1st Chromatica and Octave).

The organising members prepared the food for day 1 by themselves! And the gifts exchanged between the outgoing and incoming Exco members were quite impressive too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Members of Octave spanning n generations

They watched lots of movies on the first night, including Jay Chou's Secret. It was then when I realised some of his songs from his latest album (like "Pu Gong Yin De Yue Ding") originated from the Secret soundtrack.

Zzzzz...

On the 2nd day we had cycling with some of the Sec 2's... all the way from Pasir Ris to Fengshan 85! Too bad I didn't manage to take any shots from the trip...

Along with barbecue came bloopers like Wenrong's 2-sided Satay (one side was totally charred)... and there was this cat loitering around the pits, and some of us were figuring out what the cat would eat, trying to feed it all kinds of food items (picky cat, huh). I sort of recalled feeding sausages to cats a few years back, and this time round it worked too! It's still quite creepy feeding it off my hand, though.

Lucky cat... found the "Promised Land" overflowing with mlik and honey unfinished BBQ food.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
From left: Wenrong, me, Kelvin and Wenjun. Pardon the lighting (not my cam phone anyway haha)

Indian Poker on the 2nd night was quite, erm, action-packed. Originally the penalty was pulling off a strand of hair, but somehow we've decided that for guys, a kick in the ass will suffice. I mean, try pulling out hair this short... Ouch!

It eventually evolved into whacking-ass using 1L bottles! Double ouch!



Every year when I go for HO chalet I'll learn something new. Last year was cycling and this year it was mahjong! On the first night I tried to play a bit and managed to win 1 or 2 games. No match for Kelvin the mahjong king, of course.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kelvin's "Qing Yi Se".

In the end it was nice that they appreciated our presence. Now I'm even more excited about the combined performance. Be seeing them soon again!