isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sick Settler

I had to fall sick on a Saturday!

Even so, there's a Settlers' Cafe outing for our cell and I wasn't going to miss it.

So there we go, 6 of us at Settlers' Katong! Since we didn't have a particular game in mind, I reccomended the game Citadels!

It's basically a city building game (I think I talked about this game before) which my colleagues at office once played regularly (they now switched to other games) which I was considerably familiar with.

The learning curve was OK... as I thought, this game was easy to pick up, but there's a lot of anticipaing and scheming (might be too strong a word) involved... Jiansheng won in the end (he finished with the power-packed Dragon Gate!!!) with me following closely (yeah I felt a need to tell you this :P)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jiansheng's achievment in the middle of the game. He just managed to steal from the richest player at that point!

We also played other card games like Saboteur, where we play the role of miners trying to dig till we find gold. Saboteurs in the party try to thwart the plan and lead them to nowhere. In the 2 rounds we played I managed to have a taste of being on both sides.

I decided that maybe I should order a set of Saboteur and bring it to my office... see what they think about it. Otherwise I can always bring to Cell!

We had dinner at the Central Hongkong cafe-restaurant at Parkway. Between us we ordered French toast (which was amazingly thick), baked rice and noodles. Their noodles are served in quite special bowls... 2 bowls joined together in the shape of an "8" so that you don't have to carry 2 separate bowls of noodle and soup. Nice idea!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The "8" bowl.



Stress balls are really things on which you can play with your creativity. Ms Tay (one of our Staff Officers) went for blood donation recently and this time they're giving stress balls (got to squeeze it to quicken the blood flow I think) that look like...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The idea of squeezing this "heart" remined me of the album cover of Metallica's "St Anger"

By the way, she gave it to me since I was ogling over how cute it was the entire morning.