isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, November 13, 2006

"V"ery nice

Well...

I got an mp3 player for my birthday!

Haha it was a joint gift from my colleagues, who supposedly heard me saying that my previous mp3 player (the then "current" mp3 player) was of a size of 128 Mb, in a time when 1 Gb was the new norm.

So... I'm now a proud owner of the Creative Zen V Plus!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sorry for the anticlimactic image quality, but VGA...

My player already has the silicon skin on when I took that picture. I'm "gifted" with super oily skin, you know... and the moment I touch the player's shiny black casing... finger stains appear! So I had no choice but to buy the skin, which, due to its being an "original" acessory, cost $25!

I bought a new set of earphones as well, to go with my new mp3 player! This time it's clip earphones for me as I feel a bit uncomfortable in the ear after wearing in-ear phones for too long.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nice colour, don't you think?

Now that makes me look like SSG Kururu...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kururu and his trademark earphones

Last Friday we had branch cohesion and we visited the Mint Toy museum. Basically it's a museum set up by a toy collector who wanted to showcase toys of the past to educate the future generation... so there we could find toys which mostly date from decades ago, and were bought by the owner (an engineer) at sky high prices!

And the Japanese at that time was already the global authority on toys... in terms of quality.

One of the things I learnt was that my current, seeming expensive hobby of figurine collection will pay off in the future!

Albeit a very far future... maybe about my grandson's generation, before the toys now will be called old. Then maybe a small Keroro figurine can fetch about... a few hundred bucks?