isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, November 26, 2006

This is youth!

Well...

I shall trace back to the event which I still call the most humiliating moment in my life...

The moment when my last IPPT (Individual Physical Proficiency Test) 2.4 km run ended. The moment when I realised that given my timing, I failed the run.

It didn't hit me that hard; I actually had the mood to go for Karaoke after that... but it really got me wondering... how could I possibily fail that?

Since then I decided that I should resume my habit of jogging (ironically I became even less concerned about fitness after BMT)... but I could at most do it once a week...

Recently, however, due to certain changes which may be made in the SAF, I got the chance to join a physical training programme set up by one of our officers to prepare us for the next IPPT.

So I finally got a chance to reclaim what I've lost... the 2 chin-ups (excluding the 2 I can do now)... the PASS grade for my 2.4 km (and hopefully my best timing, 10:56), and lose what I unintentionally gained these few months: the few kilos.

There was once I got a bit depressed due to that few kilos I gained... I almost thought I would go anorexic. Almost... especially after the day when I suddenly couldn't do one single chin-up (the reason turned out to be exhaustion of my arm muscles from the badminton game the day before).

Some things happened that made me realize once again that being fat is NOT a sin.

Even so, I've got to cut down on supper... only one cheesecake per week!

OK back to the training... it's daily! And getting more intense by the week! So far we mostly jogged... around our camp area... did staircase runs up and down 22 levels (that was good shit, man!)... and... more to come in the following weeks I suppose.

And really, going back to work after washing up really made me feel like I've gone back to my JC days of daily jogging... nothing beats spending time in an air-con environment after working out good sweat!