isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Speedy week

The past week has been an eventful one... even though that's what I say in my blog most of the time...

Firstly, on Monday, Jianyuan came to our unit as an Admin Support Assistant in the Commanding Officer's office, which is at the other end of our room... and even more surprising was, he took his BMT the previous week with Leopard Company!

Also, on the same Monday, I got the thickest stack of medical board reports which I was supposed to stamp dates on... it was so thick that it took 2 guys to carry.

To value-add my Gameboy Advance (I only have Pokemon Emerald for now), I bought another game-pak -- Need For Speed: Most Wanted. It's quite good, and I get to use familiar cars like Mazda RX-8 and Subaru Imprezza... and there're western sports cars like the Gallardo, of course.

The police in the game is the only thing I'm puzzled about... contrary to Need For Speed traditions, the police cars will bolt off after bumping into you, instead of trying to stop you and arrest you. Sure it's strange...

I also started using the Imprezza in Initial D.

Just when I thought I could swim on Friday, they cancelled swimming last-minute, so I joined the rest of my colleagues for trekking around the park beside my office.

And I realized that the road around there is really like a typical Initial D mountain course! I didn't know such roads exist in Singapore! Goodness... if I get a car in the future, the first thing I'm going to do will be to go there for a time attack!

I did get to swim after work, though... I went to a public swimming complex. I'm glad that I bought new goggles, because my old one had been leaky and I've been using it for a few years already... I nearly forgotten the feeling of being able to see clearly underwater!