isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, April 14, 2006

Stay-in Monday

They said I was one of those who got guard duty very early relative to the day we're posted there.

Never mind... I liked the novelty of it anyway...

So, on Monday I had dinner at my unit after seeing most of my colleagues go off for a night of their own... and went back to the guard house for duty.

It was quite OK, since I was just an ASA... I only had to exchange visitor passes for people coming in.

Most of us brought game consoles there to self-entertain... I brought my Gameboy Advance, of course... one of us brought PSP, and what's more? His game was Initial D Special Stage.

!!!???!!!??

I managed to borrow it from him to try a time attack... the game was exactly like the arcade version, but all I can say is that keypad racing proved to be difficult for me... still.

The bunk was quite nice too.. and I managed to wake up on time for my shift.

... 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. ... ...

After guard duty, I had 2 hours off before I get to work, but since my office was already open, I went to set things up first and waited for my "uppers" to come. Then, I went off to some quiet spot to try sleeping.



My new car in Ini D, the Imprezza, was still slow as it was not tuned yet... so I went for those more basic courses... one guy borrowed my car and volunteered to break my personal record for me... he managed to push my car to the limit (my top speed was about 170 km/h; he brought my car up to 180 km/h).

Timing of shifting gears may be the factor...

Anyway, after some time I realized that I should actually practising drifting at hairpin corners now, when my car is still not so fast, so that when the tuning is done and my car is "combat-fit", I would have already gotten used to the whole sequence of shifting gears and controlling accelerator and so on.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Subaru WRX Imprezza, GC8



I've been in my unit for more than 3 week already... and I still forget some important stuff... so it's natural that my seniors expect better performance from me. Most of the time I still need their help...

Of course I can't always tell them to be patient with me... and I know that stress from peers is better then stress from superiors... I'm learning from mistakes but I'm not really sure how much stuff I still have to learn in such a manner.

I seriously hope that I won't be so disappointing next week.