isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Journal

Yesterday I went shopping for stuff I may need to bring for NS... and met lots of people... like Sok Shin with some Student Council members, including her "younger sister" (hehe... I'm referring to Sok's SC junior, of no blood relation, who looks almost identical with Sok!). Then I met 4 of the 2C girls (they still go out together!), including Kelly.

Anyway, there's this song called "Journey", sung by Angela Chang.

I came to know about this song when I was watching some entertainment news show n years ago. There was this short part of the music video of this song when she's standing on the beach... and of course I heard that part of the song... it's in B-flat major (I think it's quite a nice key) and from that part, I could tell that it's a nice song.

At that time I was thinking that it's one of the theme songs of an idol drama called "Dolphin Bay Lovers" (which stars Angela Chang)... I don't know if it is actually one of the theme songs even now... anyway, there was a once when I almost got to hear the whole song on the radio (I was on a taxi) but I had to alight before the song was actually played...

Hmm, anyway, I got to hear the song recently, and got to know that it's composed by Corrine May.

My first impression upon hearing the first part was that it didn't sound like a love song. Phrases like "all that I must hide" and "pride fills me up till I can't see my soul" sound like... hmm...



It's a long long journey
Till I know where I'm supposed to be
It's a long long journey
And I don't know if I can believe

When shadows fall and block my eyes
I am lost in all that I must hide
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you

Many days I've spent
Drifting on through empty shores
Wondering what's my purpose
Wondering how to make me strong

I know I will falter I know I will cry
I know you'll be standing by my side
It's a long long journey
And I need to be close to you

Sometimes it feels no one understands
I don't even know why I do the things I do
When pride fill me up till I can't see my soul
Will you break down these walls and pull me through

Cause It's a long long journey
Till I feel that I am worth the price
You paid for me on calvary

Beneath those stormy skies

When Satan mocks and friends turn false
It feel like everything is out to make me lose control
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you... to you



After hearing the whole song, I realized (from the italized part) that this is actually a song dedicated to God.