isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Imagine Harry trying to dance. Now imagine me shopping for clothes.

Well...

Yesterday was quite a day for me... I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with Kelvin, Jansen and David, at Tampines Mall.

I was anticipating a lot from the show, since I've read the book for, like, ten times (call me a geek) and can still remember some very tense chapters like "The Egg and the Eye".

The show was quite well done, but I found out that I myself, or any other Harry Potter reader, would end up being too busy trying to list down the stuff in the book that are left out in the movie.

Oops.

I mean... I understand their concerns regarding the length of the book... so they could not put everything into the movie, but still, I was a bit sad that I didn't get to see...

  • Krum's Wronski Feint
  • "The Egg and the Eye" (Harry's narrow escape from Snape and Filch in the trick staircase)
  • Dobby
  • The meeting with Sirius during a Hogsmeade weekend
  • Weatherby
  • "The Madness of Mr Crouch"
  • Crouch Junior "demented"
  • The refusal of Fudge to accept the fact that Voldemort returned (I think this part is exceptionally important because it paves the way for one of the central themes of Book 5)

Nevertheless, the other parts got me quite impressed, like the underwater episode with Street Shark Krum and the "Bubble-head"-

Hey, isn't the bubble supposed to cover the entire head like an inverted fish tank? (See Order of the Phoenix)

Never mind.

At first when I saw the very widely circulated photo of Cho, I wasn't too impressed, but hey, she does look pretty in the actual film!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Harry: "Wangoballwime?"

I also like the Yule Ball part and Harry's duel with Voldemort, except that according to my imagination while reading the book, the battle would take place at night (the movie did it on an evening) and the cauldron of potion (which glowed when Voldemort emerges) would still be there to bathe Voldemort's face with an eerie whitish glow and-

OK I'll shut up now.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Priori Incantatem, featuring Harry (Darth) Potter

After the movie, we ate lunch at MacDonald's and set off for Orchard. The 23/04 guys were basically shopping for clothes for Grad night, so I felt a bit out of place in the beginning -- my fashion sense is not what anyone in the street would call "good". However, all of them were so friendly to me that I felt much more at ease after some time.

I'm basically going for polo shirts now (not the one in Armani Exchange which costs about $99, of course -- that price sort of removed my guilt over buying Game Boy Advance and Pokemon emerald for $205) and I recently bought one at Giordano (that dry polo which I always wanted) and I think the next polo shirt I want to buy would be a pink one.

Mum suggested pink after seeing a guy in pink shirt pass by -- she greatly regretted it afterwards while I accepted it with much enthusiasm.