isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Since I last blogged

I've

  • Taken my exams. Urgh.
  • Braved JLPT2 after mugging for 2 days.
  • Participated in church camp and now feel more spiritually revitalised than ever (and finally grew tired of prawns)
  • Gone for my first short mission trip with my church to Batam and having my life changed by a S$5 polo tee.
  • Gotten sore fingers from playing Bass.

... and I'll be

  • Doing posters for Campus Fellowship activities the next semester
  • Carolling and spreading the Good News at Dhoby Ghaut on, of all days, Dec 22
  • (while trying to keep the BAD news out of my mind)
  • Spending the most unromantic New Year's eve ever. With my BAND!

The next level for our band is so near yet so far, especially in times like this when the Ben & Jerry's Open Mic programme is being suspended and suddenly we realised that for now, we've lost our source of regular gigs. We've just gotta keep at doing what we love, and take active steps to improve. For me, "Improvement" in a very real sense might only be possible after Emerge, when I'll contemplate leaving VOICES.