isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Home Home

I totally get what Kelvin said about not wanting to shop in SG again. For some reason, stuff's always cheaper outside Singapore, be it US or Batam!

Still, going to 2 neighbouring countries within this short week (on church assignments for both) made me stop and think about how much I've taken the clean and orderly streets of Singapore (and the traffic lights!!) for granted. National Education can't do shit, seriously, while an overseas trip or two was all it took to make me treasure my home country and the level of creature comfort and religious freedom that we enjoy. Now I can finally truly say, there's no place I'd rather be.

Still, it's good training for next summer, when I'll be out teaching music to kids in the plains of Mongolia, if Steph & gang's plans come to fruition.