isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wrong Answer

This happened during one of the evangelism discussions with my fellowship.

~

Imagine meeting Jesus (yes the Saviour himself!!!) at the gates of heaven. He speaks.

"Question 1: Give me a reason why you would qualify to enter."


The first thing that actually came to my mind, well actually the first few things:

  • I've been having a burden of prayer over the unsaved...
  • I've been serving in your house... OK maybe not very well on the social interaction side... me being introverted and all, but... still can lah, huh?
  • I...
Then it struck me.

Wrong Answer.

I've never been this surprised since, well, since a certain Sunday night last year, but that's not the point.

5 years into the faith and the first thing that came to my mind when asked about the condition of salvation is still, self-effort.

I felt like kicking myself.

Nothing delivers us from spiritual death except for Jesus' blood shed on the cross. I want you to know as well.