isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Lessons from a K Session

Last Sunday I went for Karaoke with K-Coy. Finally after so many months of stagnancy, we mobilised ourselves for the throat fight again. This time round, like many other past K sessions, left me with many new (and some old) discoveries. Here are a few.

1. Nicholas Teo's "错了再错" can be alternatively known as the 晨亦儒 & 孙燕姿 MV.

Photobucket
孙燕姿-lookalike. More on the sultry side, in fact.

What about 晨亦儒? Don't you think he looks like 张栋梁? A lot?

2. Angela Chang's "亲爱的那不是爱情" uses the metaphor of an elf living in the wrong forest.

Photobucket

Well that looks more like an elf wearing the wrong clothes.

3. SHE's "夏天的微笑" was written by 啊沁. Suddenly I respect that guy more.

4. The choruses of Jay Chou's classic "发如雪" and Tank's "独唱情歌" have the same chord progression. Edmund and I accidentally discovered it while playing a prank.

It actually eluded my ears all these days of listening to the 2 songs. I must be more mindful next time.

5. Amber 郭采洁. Remember the girl in 啊沁's "其实还爱你"?

"You mean..."

.

.

.

.

Photobucket
"This?"

Wrong picture wrong picture! I don't want the "Artist's Impression"!

.

.

.

.

Photobucket
"This?"

Ah yes that's right.

She's now a record artiste too, and her whole image (including the voice) is fairly remeniscent of Angela, but with more power.

Disclaimer: I hate this whole comparison-between-artistes kind of shit, but I have to give a reason why I started to notice this singer, shouldn't I?

Here's an MV we watched on that day.

6. Kaira 龚诗嘉. Another good singer orphaned by HIM. I heard she's still doing music on her own now. I hope so.

Kai Guan brought my attention to her music, and that's when I knew that she penned her own songs and I... kind of took a liking to her non-hit-single songs.

Which was why we sang some of her songs that day.

She really has this girl-next-door look. In fact, she looks extra familiar to me...

Until, halfway through her song, Yichuan told me why.

"She looks a bit like Hongda huh?" (Hongda was one of our old boys in CPC)

Photobucket

I couldn't keep my face straight for the rest of the song.

7. And I'm really sick of MTVs with the hero (or sometimes the heroine) getting run over by a car.

8. The link between economics and, erm, the length of school uniform skirts. And no you DON'T want me to elaborate. This shall remain the secret of K-Coy. Shhh.