isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, September 02, 2007

X-man

After selling my Triton LE, I finally got myself an X-50!

The reason why I wanted an X-50 was because of the light weight... it's about 4.5 kg, so it's less than half the weight of my Triton LE.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I can hold it this way! That's how light it is!

Also it was clearly a keyboard engineered for portability. I fell in love with it's trademark side handles the moment I first saw it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The handles!

Now, easy... easy...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ahhhh...

The piano sample is also nicer sounding than older Korg keyboards, not to mention the increased user-friendliness.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Bernard had quite an awesome 21st birthday celebration organised by his friends. Some of us in CPC who were in his generation were invited, and I finally got to see Jimmy, whom my (ex-) colleagues mentioned more often than not.

Along with the usual card-playing + TV watching (xiao di di won Campus Superstar!), Bernard had to do this forfeit (not exactly one, actually) where he did some of the moves he picked up from his Wushu course outside school. Took a video of it, but no stills.

Jianyuan and I got him a shirt from 77th street, which, in my opinion, suits him quite well. Took a photo of it, but it was too blurred so...

Nick was late!!! Expected lah, since there was Natsu Matsuri (Summer Fest) on the same day at the Jap School. But he came with a fish he got from the fish-scooping game which is common in Natsu Matsuri.

Hmm recently Yichuan was talking about how pets can be very healing companions when you're feeling down (he 's got a cat at home). The fish episode impressed on me that it wouldn't be too bad to keep a small fish or two at home (aren't they just cyuuute?)

After a trip to the aquarium, however, I decided that given my irregular daily schedules and my short time spent at home, I'll only get a fish after I get into Uni and if I get to stay on Campus.



Other snapshots of my life so far...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I was at the Army Half Marathon! I didn't run the "half marathon" though... merely 6 km.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Alphonse Elric, my new handphone companion!

I guess my favourite character in Fullmetal Alchemist has got to be Alphonse... the intimidating battle armour (a temporary housing for his soul) belies the pure and kind soul within. I once read a 4-box cartoon (official one lah duh!) on what it would be like if the short-tempered (but equally likeable) elder brother Edward was the one who lost his body (therefore needing the armour housing) instead, and it certainly wasn't a beautiful picture! Hence I appreciated this story arrangement even more.