isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Too much info

Talk about customer service.

My trip to Sim Lim square today was a fruitful one. I was looking to get a DIY PC and I was initially afraid that I would not know what to ask for, the specs and all.

All I knew was that the DIY PC shops would be somewhere level 4 and above, and when I ascended to level 3 I was greeted by-

rows of individuals giving out A3-sized pamphlets to whoever was in their way.

Well, one of them just shoved it at me and I took it, and as I hoped, it turned out to be some info about DIY PC shops and the packages they were offering. As I walked along the whole parade of pamphlet distributors I eventually got a stack of it, so thick I couldn't get anymore new ones!

And when I finally filtered out the stuff with the info I needed, I was still left with

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A tree-hugger wannabe like me would have frowned at this marketing method (just look at the amount of waste paper in the bins!), except that a greater part of me was delighted that I could make an informed choice so much easier, you know a person like me would have gone, like, "What and where to start asking?".

Perhaps they could consider putting paper recycling bins at every level of the mall. Seriously I think the bins would feel damn at home!

P.S. On my way to Sim Lim, I passed this place which I think Otakus will love a lot. It's both "cool" and "moe"!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket