isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Friday, November 05, 2010

Directions

The night yesterday at VOICES Mini Concert reminded me how much of a joy it is to perform.

But more importantly, knowing that I myself have traded VOICES for opportunities to serve in CVCF, I was compelled to examine whether I have put my best foot forward in my current job to make the tradeoff worthwhile.

Maybe, like many people, admin work will always be admin work, for God's Kingdom or not. However I believe it's more than just me being put off by admin work. I need to learn, above all, to immerse myself in what I choose to involve myself in; to stand behind my own decisions.

I've been sure about not auditioning for Emerge, VOICES' production next year, in fear of my inability to juggle music and studies. A seemingly feasible alternative has presented itself, however, and I'm re-weighing my options now...

Most importantly, Emerge or no Emerge, I'm still Secretary and Publicity for CVCF and I have a 4000-word term paper on my hands right now. Living in the moment and putting my best in what I'm doing now, instead of forever fixing my mind somewhere else - this is a module I have to pass before I graduate from NUS.