isaiah's
overly romanticised version of life

images by onionhead, RebzxJonasxMoseley

Monday, November 24, 2008

Always - Atomic on 3rd Street

When we watched Always Sunset on 3rd Street 1 for our post-war Japanese film module, I couldn't really appreciate the "nostalgia" theme (I know what it's there for, though) as it's considered to be a "misplaced nostalgia", i.e. a "longing" (?) for a past that one had never experienced.

Yeah by the way, I wasn't born in the 1950s.

Me and my big mouth. Now in the sequel I got served an uber atomic blast of nostalgia in my face.


I was particularly amused when Suzuki Auto shouted "TEMEE" at the lizard!

Why does it work on me this time? 'Cause I've just watched the original 1954 Godzilla film, so I can even recognise the original theme music they used in this dreamy spin-off!

Ah, in case you're wondering, the above scene was merely the speculations of the novelist character in the story, probably on the day right after a dose of the monster at the cinema.